JobLink International is a recruitment agency. We are proud to offer both candidates and employers unparalleled access to both the job and candidate markets. This network, together with an international team of expert staff, has contributed to JobLink International’s reputation as a market leading supplier of personnel around the globe.
JobLink International focuses on providing comprehensive people solutions to its clients in a partnership approach to sharing risk and business goals. JobLink International Recruitment has access to a global network of candidates and employers to provide a seamless solution for your staffing requirements.
JobLink International is requiring 200 qualified Cooks to work for Queensland Community Clubs in Australia either under the employer nomination scheme or temporary shortage skills program.
Members of Queensland Community Clubs located in metro or regional areas in the state of Queensland, Australia.
- Examining foodstuffs to ensure quality
- Regulating temperatures of ovens, grills and other cooking equipment
- Preparing and cooking food
- Seasoning food during cooking
- Portioning food, placing it on plates, and adding gravies, sauces and garnishes
- Storing food in temperature controlled facilities
- Preparing food to meet special dietary requirements
- May plan menus and estimate food requirements
- May train other kitchen staff and apprentices
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum qualification required: Diploma of Hospitality Management (Commercial Cookery stream)
- Work experience: minimum 3 years full-time as a Cook
- English language skills: IELTS 6.0 in all 4 bands (General Stream) or equivalent for Subclass 187
- Overall test score of 5 with at least 4.5 in each of the four test components or equivalent in the Temporary Skills Shortage program under TSS
- Aged between 18 and less than 45 years old at time of visa application for Subclass 187 applicants
- Meet qualification and work experience requirements
- Meet character and health requirements
- Positive skills assessment from VETASSESS or Trades Recognition Australia (TRA)
- Achieve an Australian accredited qualification
- Proven record of community engagement experience
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with partners
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Dependent upon experience and qualifications
- Starting salary from AUD $53,900 per annum plus superannuation contribution
Terms of Employment
- This is a full-time position
- Employment contract will indicate the terms and conditions of the role based on existing workplace rights and obligations
- Confirmation in this position is subject to a successful three (3) month probation period
- Subclass 482 (Temporary Skills Shortage) visa or
- Candidates will work under Subclass 187 (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa)
- The visa subclass will be determined by the nominating club requirement
JobLink International will select 200 highly qualified Cooks onshore and offshore on the basis of meeting the position description, employer’s conditions and candidate’s essential skills and experience criteria.
JobLink International will screen all candidates and assess potential candidates suitable for this job by conducting the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
JobLink International will provide Queensland Community Clubs (the Employers) with three nominees and the Employer (the Club) will select their preferred candidate.
JobLink International will recruit 200 Cooks within 24 months, starting from 2nd April 2018 to 2nd April 2020.