JobLink International are currently seeking qualified Aged Care, Disability and Home Care Support Workers to work for Community Care organisations to address the temporary skills shortage areas within this sector.
Duties involved in this Role
- Providing companionship and support during daily activities.
- Transporting clients to appointments, outings and social engagements.
- Implementing strategies for managing dementia and other health issues.
- Delivering activities that promote emotional and intellectual stimulation.
- Implementing care programs for clients in residential care facilities.
- Maintaining a safe living environment by minimising or removing safety risks or hazards.
- Performing household tasks such as preparing meals, laundry, shopping and cleaning.
- Using equipment to assist clients with limited mobility such as hoists, swivel cushions and wheelchairs.
- Liaising with other health care professionals, family members and carers.
- Assisting clients with personal care activities.
Eligibility Criteria for Support Worker Program – These elements will be assessed as part of your suitability for this program.
- The minimum qualification required for this program is the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support, plus disability specialisation services units and skills set. For Candidates that do not currently hold this qualification, JobLink International will arrange for your training to commence with a preferred Registered Training Organisation (RTO). Training price packages available are dependent upon level of experience and qualifications. Furthermore, in accordance with The Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015, set by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL will be offered to individual learners – unless the requirements of the training package or licensing requirements preclude this.
- A minimum of 2 years in the Healthcare Industry or equivalent experience. Candidate must currently have industry experience within the past 6 months.
- IELTS result with 6.0 as the overall score (General Stream) or similar equivalent English language test.
- Current Passport.
- Aged between 18 and less than 45 years old at the time of visa application.
- Be able to provide evidence of industry experience.
- A current resume that clearly outlines duties performed in healthcare industry roles.
- Be able to provide copies of certificates and transcripts for all Healthcare qualifications noted in resume.
- Be able to meet JobLink International Character and Health requirements for the program.
What benefits can you expect from this program?
- Obtain an Australian accredited qualification.
- Your qualification will be regularly updated to maintain future changes to the Australian legislative and industry requirements for the duration of your employment.
- A full-time position.
- A starting salary of AUD $54,000 per annum plus superannuation contribution.
- Starting an exciting new career while experiencing the Australian lifestyle.
- This program is under Subclass 482 (Temporary Skills Shortage) Visa, with the possibility of further visa pathway options in the future.
- Gaining invaluable work experience within the Australian Healthcare sector.
How to apply?
If you believe that you would be an eligible candidate for this program based on the criteria specified, you will be able to submit your Expression of Interest Form online https://joblinkinternational.com.au/expression-of-interest/
Please note: Only candidates that meet our client’s criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
We hope to assist you in this exciting opportunity.