Aged Care/ Disability Support Worker
- Immediate Start
- Full Time
- Salary: $59,000 annually, plus superannuation
About JobLink International
JobLink International is a national community services organisation. JobLink International is a registered national Aged Care approved provider of Home Care Package Services and also a registered provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) services.
JobLink International has worked with individuals, families, and carers to create endless opportunities for all. Our services are highly adaptable and can be tailored to suit our Customers and Participant’s needs.
JobLink International is an organisation that specialises in providing the highest quality care for older members of the community, as well as individuals with a disability. We believe in the human rights of people with a disability, regardless of their age, type of disability, or cultural background.
JobLink International provides people with disability greater choice, control, and freedom to empower them to live life on their own terms.
We have the right experience for successfully supporting participants, including those people with complex needs, through our support.
Mission Statement: JobLink International is committed to providing care services that meets the needs of each individual customer and/or Participant and magnifies their dreams and aspiration.
Vision Statement: JobLink International offers ongoing peace of mind for participants and customer and Participants while developing long term professional care partnerships with leading carers and providers.
- Provide services that are current and innovative.
- Manage long term relationships with individual participants, families, and the community.
- Ensure that services are accessible by removing barriers.
- Promote inclusion and equality through embracing and supporting diversity.
About the Role
Support Workers have the responsibility of providing assistance to frail, aged, sick, disabled and invalid persons. Therefore, the duties are varied according to individual needs. They may undertake all regular household duties, including cleaning, washing, ironing, meal preparation, assistance with shopping, banking, paying bills with customers as well as specific types of assistance such as personal care, respite, transport, and social support.
Our plan aims to provide a range of services that support and assist clients and their carers to maintain their independence within their own homes. The success of JobLink International’s services is largely dependent on friendly and cooperative staff, especially In-Home Support Workers, providing quality services.
The Support Worker is a vital member of the Team because they have the most frequent contact with the clients and /or pa1iicipants. In addition to rostered duties, the Support Worker will need to manage situations of loneliness, inappropriate behaviour, and clients and/ or Participant emergencies as well as give encouragement and emotional support to clients, participant and their carers when needed. Therefore, Support Workers play a more involved role in the support and care of each client and Participants.
- Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent qualifications
- Previous experience working in healthcare industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently within the community
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for home-based support and during transport of clients
- First Aid Certificate
- Energetic, warm and sociable
- Current Driver’s License and access to a fully registered motor vehicle;
- Satisfactory Australian Federal Police Check & Satisfactory Working with Children Check
Locations: New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, and other Australian states.
NOTE: Only candidates that meet our client’s criteria will be short listed and contacted.